Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Things Heard Around Here

When I get bigger my teeth will fall out, but I'm not big yet.

Translation:
I'm not sure where Aric heard this. He is not so much worried about his teeth falling out as he is ready to be big and play with the little Legos.

Awhile back Aric was with me as I was pulling things out of a downstairs closet. Inside that closet he discovered we have a large plastic bin full of little Legos. Most of the Legos are my older brother's Legos that were given to Aric and Kellyn after he died.  He loved playing with Legos.  A few of them are Ryan's Legos from childhood. They are waiting in the closet for the day when the kids will be old enough to enjoy them and create their own memories.

For Christmas Santa gave Ryan the Lego Black Pearl pirate ship and while at Target last week Ryan found the Lego Queen Anne's Revenge on clearance. Ryan let Aric help him assemble the Queen Anne's Revenge, but informed Aric he was not allowed to play with it until he was bigger. Ever since Aric has been obsessed with getting bigger so he can play with the Legos.

I guess the Duplos aren't going to cut it anymore.

No comments: