Tuesday, April 26, 2011

The End of an Era

Years ago I remember buying our bistro table.  I was so excited about it.  Ryan and I were moving into a place of our own after having lived with family for years.  I was excited about having my own kitchen, my own table and having it just be Ryan and I.


Five years later and our little family has long outgrown the bistro table.  I've been all too aware that we are unable to host dinners comfortably and our almost three year old is a little too big to still use a high chair.  We found a gorgeous table at Sam's Club of all places. 


There were a few hiccups on the road to the table.  We originally tried to buy it on Saturday but they only had one damaged table in stock.  After looking elsewhere, praying about it and a trip back to Sam's yesterday to ask if they were expecting another shipment or if they were willing to sell the floor model, God provided and I took a table home with me.  They received a shipment of five tables or realized they misplaced their stock of them and we bought a brand-new-never-been-opened table.


It has a hidden leaf and four more chairs.  I'm excited that people will actually be able to sit at our house and eat at the table.  As for the bistro table, it's downstairs for now but we might have found it a new home already.

No comments: