Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Back from My Hiatus

I took an unintentional hiatus from blogging.  I didn't really mean to, but time just kind of slipped by.  We spent the last three weeks in DC.  Ryan had a school in the area and we decided I would bring the kids and spend the time with my parents.  We had a great time, but blogging was kind of put on the shelf while I was gone.  I didn't really realize how many people read my blog.  I received a couple of e-mails checking to make sure I was alright and several people have commented that I haven't posted anything since March 11th. It is comforting to know that I have at least eight blog followers.  Thanks family and friends.

The last few days have been a whirlwind of trying to get settled back in.  Taxes, grocery shopping, visiting with friends, laundry, cleaning house, gardening and buying a 1/4 of a cow are some of what we've been up to since returning home. 

Yesterday, Aric had his very first tractor ride:


He was excited to ride around on a tractor.  Even if he does look a bit serious in that photo.  Apparently tractor rides are serious.


Kellyn was not as excited.  She might have been mad her arms were too short to steer.

It was nice to come home to a completed fence:


We are pleased with the finished product.  The weather has been nice and I have enjoyed being able to allow the kids to roam outdoors without having to tell them to stay away from the street and out of the neighbor's yard.  They have had so much fun outside in our back yard.

Kellyn is old enough to truly enjoy the castle slide.  She climbs up and slides down like a pro.




When she hits the grass she acts like a "girl":


She sits at the bottom staring at her hands saying "mess" over and over again.  Then she gets up and comes to me, refusing to start a new task until I clean the mess from her hands. It's pretty funny and kind of cute.

Aric still enjoys the slide, too:


He doesn't make a big deal about getting dirty, though.  He is still all boy and loves to chase his sister, kick and throw balls and play in the dirt.






It was nice to see my family and it's nice to be home again.  The days are longer and getting warmer.  We have plenty of outside projects to keep us occupied for awhile.  It'll be nice to not be trapped inside by the cold weather.

No comments: