Tuesday, April 26, 2011

A Dress and New Boots

My brother is getting married this summer.  I have begun searching for clothes to wear to the wedding, knowing that in another month or so most of the stores will have their summer inventory picked through. 

Last week I found a dress for Kellyn.  We don't put her in dresses too often, but maybe we should.  When I tried the dress on her she pranced around the house and played with the skirt and petticoat.  She was a bit upset when I took her out of the dress and put her back into her pants and t-shirt.




I haven't worried too much about what Aric will wear, except that we realized his beloved pair of John Deere boots are too small.  His toes were right at the edge, but he was still wearing them everyday.  I started searching for another pair of boots, but really wasn't wanting to spend full price for a pair of kid's boots and, yet, I didn't want to settle for a cheap pair of boots.  After bible study this morning, I took the kids to the local boot store to see what they had in stock.  My prayers for a pair of boots were answered- all of the kid's boots were on the discount rack and they had a large selection.

I had Aric fitted into a pair and discovered that he jumped up two sizes.  After gently guiding him away from a bright green pair, we settled for these:


Usually when Aric is allowed to have something he'll carry it through the store and give it to the cashier to ring up.  Today he hugged his boots tightly refusing to give them up.  The cashier coaxed the boots away from Aric to check the sizes and remove the price tag.  Knowing how important it is to wear a new pair of boots home he then put them on Aric's feet with tags still attached.  Aric wore his new boots out of the store and Kellyn was satisfied to clomp around in Aric's old pair.

Apparently boot shopping is exhausting work.

No comments: