Tuesday, April 12, 2011

The Entry Way

Yesterday we had an installer tile our entry way.  I've been wanting to have it done for awhile, but was tired of having people working in my house.  I found out I'm still tired of having people work in my house.

The one thing that bothered me about our entry way was that it wasn't functional.  I noticed this past winter that the vinyl area in our entry way was too small causing a bottle neck while people waited to take off their boots.  I wanted a larger area.


I had the installer extend the entry way to the stairs.  Now there is more room to enter our house and room to take off boots and coats.


There was a large piece of carpet that was removed to expand the entry way.  I knew just where to put it.


The bottom of our stairs has an area of vinyl.  In theory it made sense to have it there. Originally the builder had the vinyl installed at the bottom of the stairs because the basement was unfinished.  When the previous owner finished the basement, ideally, they should have carpeted the area.  They didn't.  We found that area uncomfortable.  Walking from carpet to vinyl to carpet barefoot or in socks in the middle of the winter is not a pleasant experience.  Since we have no intention to re-carpet our house for another year or two, I found the perfect solution.


I had the installer stretch-in the carpet and pad at the bottom of the stairs over the vinyl.  It is nice to have cushy carpet to sink our toes into.

...And that concludes our flooring installation for awhile.


No comments: