Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Precocious

Kellyn has been acting differently for the past week.  Fussier, wants to be held more, won't eat as much, but when she does eat she cluster feeds, chewing on everything she can get her mouth onto, waking up more overnight, etc.  We looked in her mouth, didn't see anything of interest and have blamed her behavior on a phase she was going through or that maybe she was just sick.

Yesterday when I picked her up, the sitter asked me if she was teething and mentioned seeing a glimpse of white on the bottom gum line.  Sure enough, there is a little bit of white coming through.  She's 3-1/2 months old!!  I went to town after dinner and traipsed all over looking for a teething pacifier or anything she might be able to use.  Kellyn has not come close to mastering her fine motor skills to pick up an object, hold onto said object and hold it in her mouth.  Even the Baby Orajel makers think she's too young.  Their minimum age of use is 4 months old.  I'll be contacting the doctor today to find out what I can give her.

I guess she's just taking after her mother...

No comments: