Friday, January 29, 2010

Slow Down

It's so hard for me to wrap my head around how quickly the time is flying where it concerns my children.  In less than two weeks Aric will be 20 months old and Kellyn will be 4 months old.  Where on earth is the time going?

On Wednesday, being the good mother that I am, I left Kellyn lying on her play mat and Aric watching tv while I went upstairs to put sheets on our bed.  I heard Kellyn fussing a bit, but it was nothing too alarming.  After a while I went to the top of the stairs to check on the two of them.  Kellyn was lying on her stomach and rotated 90 degrees on the mat.  My thought was that Aric must've "helped" her and I really shouldn't leave them alone even for the couple of minutes that I had been upstairs.  I didn't think about this episode again until last night.

We were eating dinner, while Kellyn was lying on her play mat.  I watched Kellyn use her legs to scoot her body around and rotate her position 90 degrees.  She then proceeded to work hard at rolling over and eventually made it onto her belly.  It wasn't Aric "helping" her the other day, but Kellyn acting on her own accord to get into that position.

My baby is growing too fast.  I want to hold onto her tighter and cherish the sweet moments now, because I know it won't seem like such a long time until she's running around with Aric. 


No comments: