Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Too Little Time

I just sorted through Aric’s drawers and packed up clothes that he doesn’t fit anymore. The sad thing is that he never wore some of the clothes because the weather wasn’t right for it. Maybe we’ll be able to use them someday for our next child. It’s hard to believe how big he is getting. I don’t know how long he is or how much he weighs. We should find that out in another week at his next Doctor’s appointment. He’s able to hold his head up pretty well, he smiles at us all of the time, sucks on his fingers, and Ryan said that he’s even starting to laugh. It’s hard to believe that he is nine weeks old already!

I’m trying to find a balance in my life. So far I’m not having any luck. I felt that I was doing alright by the end of my maternity leave, but then a wrench was thrown in when I returned to work full time. It’s so hard to balance work, a new baby, marriage and personal time. Right now I have no personal time. (I guess sitting here typing this is my personal time for the day. As soon as I finish I’ll be up trying to get things done around the house.) If anyone has a suggestion for making it all work- let me know- I need it! I’m a little terrified what I will do if/when Ryan goes into the Army and goes off to school. I’ll be a single-working mom then with no one to help me out.

We found out this week that the air conditioner in the guest bedroom (the room that we’ve all been sleeping in this summer) has leaked into the wall and grown mold. I was so thrilled to find out that we’ve been sleeping in a moldy room, Aric included. We’ve all moved back into the master bedroom and Ryan is going to be working on that room this weekend. He has already started to rip the wall out. Hopefully he can figure out why this happened so it can be prevented.

Well, I'm off to iron up five days of clothes for work, do laundry, vacuum downstairs, make dinner and whatever else needs my attention today. Aye- it's making me tired just thinking about it!

No comments: