Monday, August 25, 2008

A Few Thoughts

-This past week of work went off without a hitch. I am thankful that I did not have to deal with any intense calls. It’s my Friday night now and I’m excited about that- two whole days to spend with my sweet baby running errands and who knows what else.

-I came home today, took one look at Aric and asked what happened. He scratched up his poor little nose while sucking his thumb. He hasn’t quite figured out what to do with his other fingers while his thumb is in his mouth. Note to self- cut his fingernails more often than every 1-1/2 weeks.

-I am thankful that we have been blessed with a baby that sleeps anywhere from 4 to 7 hour stretches during the middle of the night. I was talking to a coworker yesterday who has a 5-1/2 week old who refuses to go to sleep before 1am and wakes up every two hours. It made me quite content with the sleep I have been able to get. (I probably just jinxed myself!)

-My husband is absolutely amazing. On Friday, I walked across the parking lot to my babysitter’s door while carrying Aric. He proceeded to spit up on my shoulder and down my arm. I cleaned it up as much as I could and resigned myself to wearing a nasty shirt the rest of the day. On the way to work I left Ryan a message about HIS child throwing up on me. What did Ryan do after he got that message? He left work, went home to get me a new shirt and brought it to my work. I didn’t even ask for it, but I appreciated his thoughtfulness. I just feel so blessed to have a husband who does so much for me. Thank you!

-As a working mother I, take breaks to pump milk during the day. I have a canvas bag that I use to store my breast pump. It seems like every time I walk down the hall someone at work asks me if I’m going home. I answer “No” and have not elaborated so far. I am half tempted to tell the next person who asks me if I’m going home what I am actually about to do. It doesn’t embarrass me because that’s how I feed my child, but I’m sure it would shut down the conversation rather quickly!

No comments: