Monday, October 31, 2011

The Biker and the Sheriff

This evening my friend, Laura, came over to help me take the kids out to Trick or Treat.  This was the first Halloween that the kids (or I) have ever been out Trick or Treating.  It was definitely a strange experience for me.  I don't like asking people for things.  Going door to door to ring the doorbell and ask for candy is really out of my comfort zone. 

Ryan's parents sent Aric the appropriate gear to turn him into a biker dude.  I originally debated between turning Aric into a pirate or a sheriff and was finally settled on sheriff when the biker gear arrived.  Aric fell in love with the biker gear until he saw the Buzz Lightyear costume at Target and told everyone he was going to be Buzz for Halloween.

We were undecided on whether Kellyn would go and figured we would turn her into a princess or have her wear her tutu if she accompanied us.  This evening Ryan suggested we turn her into a sheriff since I had purchased a sheriff's badge for Aric.  I scrounged around the house and came up with an appropriate cowgirl outfit for her.





At the first house, after ringing the doorbell, Kellyn thought she was supposed to go inside.  Some houses and costumed revelers were just too scary for the kids, but all in all they had a good time once they got the hang of it.  I was glad for Laura's company while walking about the neighborhood.



Now if I can just figure out how to take them on walks without having them think we need to stop at every one's house for candy.


And the best part of Ryan's night, besides getting to stay home and watch the Chiefs game, was having a little girl squeal and yell "Winnie the Pooh, Winnie the Pooh" to her mother as she pointed at Aric's Backson pumpkin.

No comments: