Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Happy Birthday, Ryan

Today is supposed to be a time of celebration of your life, not a day of sadness.  I think it's hard not to mix the two a little bit.  I am so blessed for the years I had with you, but a little sad that I have to remember you not harass call you this evening.  I miss you.  A lot!

I did take the time to pick out some birthday gifts for you.  If I had been able to send you one I would've chosen from these:

It makes me giggle.


A puzzle calendar that looks like Legos.  I know you would've had fun with this.



I think it was the monkey ransom note that got me.  You would've gotten a kick out of these.



So much like your humor and your view of the public masses.

I did get you something:


I sent it to Dad and Mom.  They burnt the card and will spread it on your grave for me.  I also sent them the key gnomes.  The gnomes make me smile and think of you.  You were right, they are everywhere!

I plan to eat some of your favorite things today and think of you.  I love you and miss you so much. 

Happy Birthday!

1 comment:

Briggs said...

I know this is late but I had every intention of remembering your brother's birthday. I love the things you picked for him. I'm so sad I never met him. Praying for you and your family as I know the pain and loss are overwhelming.