Friday, July 10, 2009

Catch Up

Ryan told me last night that I needed to post a new blog so he would know what was happening in my life. And to think I thought we had better communication in our marriage...

Last week I had my 24 week appointment with my OB. The baby has a healthy heartbeat and seems to be doing well. I also scheduled my c-section. The winner of the poll is: October 12th. We had several reasons for picking that day: scheduling with my mother coming to help with Aric, I didn't want to wait until the end of the week, we won't ever forget that day since it's Columbus Day. One of the main reasons for our picking that day: Ryan and I will have been together for 13 years on that day. I thought that was the best reason to pick that day. On October 12th I'm supposed to report to the hospital at 5:30am and shortly after 7:30am we'll hopefully have a healthy baby girl in our arms.

We have been busy working on the house. We repainted the kitchen, fixed the leak in the kitchen pipes we discovered while repainting the kitchen, and cleaned up the kitchen. We then moved on to our laundry room. I should say Ryan moved on to our laundry room, I only provided minimal help. He built some shelves and reorganized everything, painted the walls (they were several different colors before), changed the direction of our sink in there (it was at a very awkward position), and built a cover over some pipes and a hole in the ceiling. It's not the prettiest room in the house, but it looks much better than it did. Hopefully that will be the end of our home improvement projects for the rest of the year.

We didn't do much to celebrate the 4th of July (see laundry room project above). I had to work and we didn't have much energy to participate in celebrations or fireworks shows. Ryan cooked a nice dinner with desert and we acknowledged the day by painting the laundry room. I'm sure in a couple of years we'll have to make the day more special when our children are old enough to be aware of what is happening.

Aric is doing well- walking everywhere. He still crawls, but walking has turned into his preferred method of mobility. His balance is improving and he no longer needs to walk around like Baby Frankenstein. Aric is even able to squat down, pick something up and stand up again without holding on to anything for balance. He's definitely not our little baby anymore.

...And that's about all of the catching up that I'm going to do today.

No comments: