Thursday, May 14, 2009

Hope

Hope seems a fitting title for this past week.

At the beginning of the week I struggled with trying to get Aric to eat solid food. I used the baby food grinder on two separate days with different foods. Everything I gave him caused him to gag and throw up. I decided to try a banana again. For the past four days I have given him banana chunks and he has devoured them. What a reassuring feeling that maybe there is hope we won't be sending him to kindergarten with jars of baby food. After all my time is running short, I only have a little over four years left to get him potty trained and eating solid food. This morning at the grocery store I bought butternut squash and sweet potatoes. Both of them are veggies he devours. I plan on cooking them up and giving him chunks to eat. I'm hoping that with a little time and patience he'll eat them up like he did with the banana chunks.

Everyday this past week I have felt the baby wiggling around. It has been reassuring to know that she is in there alive and well. I also don't feel a need to take my OB up on his weekly doppler offer since I can feel her now. I have continued to have no bleeding and no cramping. I haven't done anything too strenuous other than evening walks when the weather is nice. Ryan has been great about carrying things for me and taking Aric up and down the stairs. I have hope that the baby and I are healing and that both of us will be just fine.

Yesterday I finally talked to my supervisor about the possibility of working part-time after the baby is born. I don't want to quit outright, but I'd like to be home to raise my children. I also don't want to watch half my paycheck go towards daycare. My supervisor was open to me working part-time and is working to see if the other people up the chain of command will be willing to work with me. I don't have a definite answer yet, but I have hope (and alot to pray for).

And something not related to hoping- we are planning on tackling our upstairs family room. It's the only room we haven't done anything with (except for the two rooms we use just as storage). Tomorrow I have to mud the half wall and prepare it for paint. Ryan plans on starting to move the furniture out of the way and we both need to declutter the room. I'm excited to begin the project and finally get the room painted. It will look so much brighter. Here are a couple of before pictures:

No comments: