Friday, May 1, 2009

Goose Eggs and Toilets

This past Monday I received a call from Ms. Autumn while I was at work. I hate receiving calls regarding daycare while I'm working. It always means something is wrong. Sure enough, Mr. Sure-Footed stood up, let go of the coffee table and fell forward bashing his head into it. After crying, Ms. Autumn said Aric seemed fine except for the rather large goose egg developing on his forehead. I decided not to drop everything and rush to take him to the ER, since Aric wasn't acting in a way that made us think he had a head injury. Besides I can't just leave at work. They have to find someone to come in and replace me. Which isn't always an easy task. I did make a doctor's appt for Aric for later that day and after work I took him to get checked out. He was fine, except for the bump. This was taken a couple of days later. It doesn't look as bad as it was.

Aric discovered the toilet yesterday. I was taking a shower and letting him roam free in our bedroom and bathroom. I heard him in the bathroom and when I peeked around the curtain he was playing with his stacking cups. When I finished my shower and pulled back the curtain, he was standing next to the toilet banging on the lid. I then watched as he lifted the lid and stuck his hand in the water. Ick! I washed his hands and talked to him about the toilet not being a toy and being icky. I'm sure he understood every word. After I set him down, he picked up a golf ball, scrambled over to the toilet and lifted the lid, poised to drop it in. Lesson learned! We need a toilet lock and someone will be spending time in his crib playing with toys while Mommy takes her shower!

No comments: