Saturday, March 28, 2009

Snow Day and Sledding

This morning we woke up and had five inches of snow on the ground and it was currently sleeting. Both Ryan and I had to go in to work this morning bright and early. It took me about an hour to drive what is normally a 20 minute drive. At one point near the beginning of my trek to town I called Ryan and told him that I just couldn't do it. It was intense driving on unplowed roads, covered in snow drifts in the early hours of dawn. We all made it to town safely, though,and thankfully when we all went home this afternoon the roads were just wet and slushy. That is until we reached our driveway, which was still snowpacked. It took me five tries to get in the driveway and I still ended up getting the car stuck near the house. Ryan helped me get it unstuck, but I was unable to actually make it up to our parking pad and decided to trudge up the snow covered hill to the house rather than drive the car anymore today. Our neighbor came by this evening and plowed our driveway so tomorrow morning we should have no problems making it out to work.

We decided to take Aric outside to play in the snow for a bit since he's older and now has a snowsuit. (Thank you Aunt Jill.)

Ryan dressed up warmly to take Aric out (I can't fit my belly in my ski pants) and I followed with the camera. Ryan had a wonderful idea to take Aric sledding. Since we don't actually own a sled, he found something that would work just as well and maybe was a little safer too.

Yes, they used one of our kayaks as a sled. And Aric loved it.

1 comment:

mommy to Kaden, Brody and angel Ava said...

I hate driving in the snow, well snow like what we got. I am glad that you all got there safe this morning. I worried about Nate driving in that stuff this morning too.

Looks like Aric had fun!!!