Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Changes

There are several changes that have come to our house lately. Somehow all of those changes involve Aric.

-I packed away the baby swing and the jumperoo this morning. How sad that the "baby" stuff is no longer needed. Aric is "cruising" along the furniture and has no desire to remain in one place even if it is to jump. He also sits up in his swing now and attempts to grab the animals on his mobile. No matter how soothing that swing is, I didn't think it was the safest place to put him any longer. In their places, I put the Pack'N'Play. Since Aric is so mobile, I can use that to confine him when I need to get things done and can't keep a close eye on him.

-I put up a gate around the bottom of our stairs. Aric has figured out how to climb up steps and a wrought iron, spiral staircase is probably not the best place for an almost 9 month old to be. I feel much better having the gate around the stairs, since those stairs have become a magnet for him.

-I am beginning to wean Aric. I originally planned to wait until he was 12 months old, but the time seems right for the both of us. I tried to give him his first bottle with a formula/milk mixture in it today and he refused to take it and cried. It's going to be a long process switching him over to formula, but one that we both need to embark on. Wish me luck!

-In case you were wondering about the bee background, it's in honor of Aric. He loves the Baby Einstein Baby's First Sounds DVD. I brought it along on our trip and he watched it 3-4 times a day. Needless to say we are a little sick of it, but he loves it and is fascinated by the bee.

1 comment:

Briggs said...

It is sad to put the infant stuff away but you'll have more space! You'll be using it again before you know it!
I bought pit balls for the pack and play and Joshua loved it and just rolled around and played ball. Kept him busy and happy while I cooked or cleaned!