Saturday, March 7, 2009

Breakthrough

Today I went back to work after having 11 days off. It was definitely hard to go in this morning. Even Aric whined a bit when I left him with Laura this morning, something he has never really done before. I guess we both became used to hanging out with each other this past week and a half. Someone please remind me next time I return to work after an extended amount of time to look at the calendar of community events before I schedule my return date. Today, it seems, was fake St. Paddy's Day. Lucky me. It was a busy day dealing with whiny neighbors, drunk college students and parking complaints galore. What a way to immerse yourself back into work!

I was able to get Aric to drink an ounce of straight formula at dinner tonight. Even better I was able to get him to take a full bottle of formula before he went to bed tonight. I was a little apprehensive when we returned home from our trip, because he kept refusing bottles from me. I don't blame him, though, he didn't have a bottle on our entire trip. Today was a huge breakthrough in our weaning process and I must say I'm pretty excited that we're on the right track.

1 comment:

mommy to Kaden, Brody and angel Ava said...

Sounds like a fun day at work!!! At least you were able to stay busy, hopefully it made your day go bye faster!!!