Friday, August 17, 2012

What We've Been Doing

I find it hard to believe that it's already mid-August.  Sometimes it seems like the summer has flown by, and other times it seems like it has dragged on and on.  Thinking back on it we have been pretty busy with projects.  Some are completed and others are on-going.

I was busy sewing, sewing and sewing.  I had an order for 4 dozen wristlets.  I completed the order and shipped it out earlier this week.  It is nice to have a break from them for awhile.



Since I haven't yet geared up to begin any new projects, mainly Christmas gifts and stocking up for an upcoming Fall Open House, I spent some energy making things for me.  After being cooped up in the house all summer long because it has been 100+ degrees outside I decided that the interiors needed some sprucing up.  They have started to look boring and very brown.  With an interior design trained brain and too much time on Pinterest, my mind has been working overtime planning all of the changes that can be done to improve our home.  I started with these two oversized pillows for the couch.



I love the splash of color they add to the room.  I have another pillow I want to make, maybe some matching place mats and some curtains to add to the kitchen.

A week ago I refinished our ladder bookshelf in the kitchen.  Ryan thinks I made our old shelf look "old", but it was just the look I was going for.


I have plans for some more furniture refinishing in our living room.  I'm hoping to tackle that in the next week or two.

Ryan is working on our French drain and pathway.  It's nearing completion after we made a few wrong turns along the way.  That is a whole other story, though.


We have plans this weekend to re-stain our fence, finish the pathway, enjoy some family time and the cooler weather. 

We hope you have a good weekend, too!


No comments: