Thursday, December 11, 2008

I'd Kill for a Cheeseburger

The last two days have been so busy. Busy but good.

On Tuesday, Aric and I took the dog to the groomers since he is spending more time indoors. (On a side note, when Ryan picked the dog up they gave him a report card and the dog managed to get an A+. Neither Ryan nor I believe that. Or dog is not an A+ kind of dog in the behavioral department. More like a B- or C+.) After we dropped the dog off, Aric and I went to meet Tina, a possible daycare provider.

When we first arrived she mentioned trying to decide between watching Aric part-time or watching a newborn full-time. This was news to me. She was really nice and even though the children she watches are much older than Aric (they are 3 and 4) I think Aric will be safe and happy there. He was so fascinated watching the other children play. He just hasn't had the opportunity to be around other kids. Normally he's just around adults. It will be good for him to realize there are other children and babies in the world. By the time we left Tina's house, she said she would watch him. I just have to finish up some paperwork for her, such as Aric's health assessment. I'm so happy to have found day care for Aric in January. It really relieves a lot of stress.

Yesterday Aric and I ran errands. Exciting ones like finishing up Christmas shopping, buying stamps for the large stack of Christmas cards that are sitting on my table and dropping his health assessment off at the pediatricians. The rest of the day we played and did house work. I do enjoy mundane days.

Ryan found out that he was hired on permanently at work. We're praying for a smooth transition between his temporary position and the permanent one. His temporary job ends January 11th. We have no idea when they will process the paperwork and allow him to start working in the new position.

Ryan also found out that he will be going on a short deployment in early February for about six weeks. Thankfully, this time, we have enough notice and Aric's normal sitter, Laura, will be able to cover all of the days that Ryan normally cares for Aric. With her and and the new sitter, I shouldn't have any issues with day care. I am so thankful for that!

I'm thinking about taking Aric to visit my parents over my birthday. I had already taken the time off in February because we were going to take a family vacation. Now with the deployment, I really don't want to be alone on my 30th birthday and I'd love for Aric to spend time with my parents and brother. It's not set in stone, but I'm kind of excited about the possibility.

And now on to why I would kill for a cheeseburger... I've been on a clear liquid diet since yesterday morning. Chicken broth and jell-o aren't cutting it. This afternoon I am getting a colonoscopy. I'm thrilled if you couldn't tell. I'm about two years overdue for this with good reason. Hopefully everything will be just fine and I won't have to deal with it for another five years. You can bet that after I wake up from anesthesia, I'm making Ryan take me out for a cheeseburger!

1 comment:

mommy to Kaden, Brody and angel Ava said...

I really like your new blog. Sounds like you got a lot done today. I hope to pretty much finish my shopping on Saturday. We'll see. I just hope I am in the mood to shop that day, it is so hard to shop when you don't want to.

Aric just keeps getting bigger and bigger. He is so adorable and always seems to have that innocent look on his face. I am glad you found a sitter. I hope everything works out. It sounds like it will be great there, he will get a good amount of attention since there is not so many children.