Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Credit Card Fraud and Outrageously Expensive Light Bulbs

I haven’t had a bad day today, but enough bad things have happened to make it seem terrible.

It started with me discovering a fraudulent charge on our credit card. I viewed the credit card account to see how much money I needed to pay for some Christmas purchases. While viewing the statement I discovered a pending purchase of $205 to the Armani Exchange. Anyone who knows Ryan and me would know that we aren’t Armani Exchange kind of people. When Ryan came home, I asked him about the purchase just to make sure that he hadn’t decided to shop there on a wild hair. (Okay, I’m guessing they sell clothes, but I really have no idea.) He called the credit card company, who has since cancelled the card and will be investigating the charge. I think we’ll both be looking at that statement a little more regularly!

If that isn’t bad enough the light bulb on our big screen TV went out. That right there put Ryan in a really bad mood. He bought that TV as a gift to himself after an 18 month deployment. The cost to replace the light bulb- $275 and that’s if we buy the light bulb and replace it ourselves.

No comments: