Sunday, December 28, 2008

Catching Up

I know I have been neglectful with my blog when last night Ryan mentioned that I haven't actually written anything lately. It seems I was caught up with trying to get everything done before Christmas. There were too many cards to send out, cookies to bake, presents to wrap and mail. Sadly, I didn't even get all of that done in time. I still have some presents to get and mail out. Thankfully those people are very understanding!

Christmas was good. Ryan and I both had Christmas Eve off. Growing up our families both celebrated on Christmas Eve and we decided long ago to keep that tradition in place. We actually ate our Christmas lasagne (a tradition we started last year) around 3 (not a tradition, but we skipped lunch and both of us were starving). We then opened gifts early. Aric was wide awake and ready to eat paper open gifts. True to typical 6-1/2 month old fashion, he was overwhelmed by everything and satisfied to sit by mommy and eat the shiny wrapping paper that Nana and Poppa used to wrap his brand new counting books. That wrapping paper was sopping wet when we finally took it away. Hopefully it was non-toxic too. I guess we'll find out someday.

We bought Aric a sports car walker. That was a scary trip to the nearest Toys R Us (40+ miles away) in the first snow of the season. I guess I shouldn't have waited so close to Christmas to make the time to get his gift. The walker was a little more than we had planned to spend, but my only other choice was a boring $35 piece of junk. His walker is actually a 3-in-1 toy. It can be stationary for jumping, a baby walker and later the seat can be pushed in for a walk-behind toddler walker. It has lights, noises and a snack tray under the hood. Aric hasn't quite figured out how to move around yet and frequently ends up going backwards, Usually right into the Christmas tree to play with the decorations. I'm sure he'll figure out how to operate the walker soon enough.

Ryan has been pent up inside with a baby enjoyed a 5 day holiday weekend. I have been at work as normal. Yesterday I was fortunate enough to leave work 2 hours early and spend that extra time with Ryan and Aric. This coming week Ryan's parents will be here to see Aric. My head is already spinning from the amount I need to do to get the house ready for company. Yikes!

The only other thing going on is that I reinjured my knee. Four years ago this coming April I had surgery to remove shredded cartilage. My knee was fixed and I haven't had any problems with it until a month ago when Ryan smacked his knee cap into mine. Two weeks ago I smashed my knee into our wrought iron staircase and I'm back to where I was four years ago. After the holidays I'll have to start the process of getting my knee fixed again. Hopefully it won't take six months to get it fixed like it took last time!

No comments: