Wednesday, November 26, 2008

And the Answer is... Not What We Thought it Would be

Ryan got the call today from his recruiter. And… he won’t be going into the Army at this time. Originally there were six slots, but only one was filled. Ryan was told that he’s basically put on a list. If they have more openings, they might contact him in the future.

We’re both a little discouraged and completely unsure of where God wants us, but we’ll keep looking for that open door. And on to our backup plan… Ryan will try to get a full time position with his current job. I’ll keep my current days off so that Aric will be with one of us for the majority of the week. And I’ll still be looking for daycare, but now I only need to find someone to watch Aric on Mondays and Thursdays.

Mondays, you ask. Yes, Ryan came home last night and told me they were switching his days off to Friday-Sunday beginning December 8th. It seems like I’m forever scrambling to find daycare. I pray God will lead me to the right person or place, so that my son is well taken care of.

And while I’m praying, I pray that God will lead us to the right job for Ryan. Things seem really uncertain right now and we both desire stability in our lives.

No comments: