Saturday, November 15, 2008

Packing, Days Off and Realizations

At times I feel that life is passing by too quickly. At least right now it is. I know at given times it can seem incredibly slow; waiting for a child, waiting for news on a job or even waiting for a surprise. Right now time is flying by. Aric is growing so quickly. I am already packing up his 6 month and 9 month clothes, and pulling out 12 mo sizes for him to wear. I can hardly believe that my little boy is already five months old. Where has the time gone?

I had three days off this past week. I loved spending time with Aric and Ryan. We didn't do much of anything. It was nice just to be together. We did take a trip to Home Depot thinking we had found a solution to our stairs only to discover we don't have a solution, yet. Ryan is currently putting that hard-earned engineering degree to work figuring out an option that would be safe, sturdy and effective in keeping Aric from a dangerous area in our home.

I enjoy reading blogs and getting glimpses of other people’s lives. Today I read this blog entry. What really spoke to me was her paragraph on her “post two-children body”. I have really struggled with body image issues since I had Aric. I knew I would forever be changed by pregnancy, but I didn’t realize how much or how it would affect me. I am down to my pre-baby weight, however, it isn’t arranged as it once was. I need to quit seeing it as a “loss” and realize it’s a wonderful thing. The stretch marks, the c-section scar, the new “womanly” shape are a tribute to the long road it took to get this beautiful little boy who currently is rolling around the room.

No comments: