Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Snip, Snip

I was warned after Kellyn's haircut that it might be a good idea to keep all scissors out of reach since she enjoyed the experience so much.  I thought I had...

Saturday morning I took a shower.  As usual I could hear Kellyn outside of the bathroom door rummaging through the vanity drawers.  She only has access to a few of them and she likes to check out the ear thermometer, comb and an egg timer that are stored inside.  I didn't think anything more of it until I stepped out of the shower and opened the door.  Instead of seeing paraphernalia from the drawer scattered on the bathroom floor I saw nothing.  While trying to process why my daughter had actually cleaned up after herself, Kellyn came walking into my bedroom holding a pair of scissors we keep stashed in the back of the drawer to trim hair.  I was horrified as I took the scissors away from her.  I quickly checked her over for blood and then looked at her hair.  She hadn't used the scissors on herself.  I asked her what she had cut.  Kellyn quickly turned around and headed to the end table by the sofa where my latest knitting project was left.

Kellyn discovered the purely magical properties of scissors and snipped into my skein of yarn.  Not just one snip, she annihilated the yarn (or the cute caterpillar as she usually refers to it while giving it a hug).  I couldn't be mad at her, she didn't know what she did was wrong.  She was quite proud of her handiwork and it could have been much worse.


The picture does not do it justice, but there is no saving that skein of yarn.

I'm pretty sure the rest of the scissors are out of reach...

No comments: