Thursday, January 7, 2010

A First, Two Rings, A Game and Hair Loss

This morning was a first; I let Aric pick out his clothes today.  He was actually quite choosey about each item as he picked them out.  This is what he came up with:



I'm wondering if this is a sign that he would like to go hunting.  I did read somewhere that it's fashionable this year to mix your prints, so maybe he's just trying to be on the cutting edge of fashion.  Either way I think he looks pretty cute.

I received some money this Christmas and decided to buy something completely frivolous that I have wanted for awhile.



I bought remembrance rings with the kid's birthstones.  I would eventually like to get two more rings with Ryan's and my birthstone and then have the four rings soldered together.  I like being able to look down at my hand throughout the day and be reminded of my two precious children.

These pictures are a little old (from the week of Christmas) but I finally got them downloaded off of the other camera.  We took the kids to a basketball game.  Aric has been to several already and really enjoys watching everything and clapping when everyone else does.  At least for maybe 10 minutes and then
he wants to run around and get into everything.



 

 

Kellyn was awake for part of the time.  After she fell asleep she startled awake every time they made a noise on the PA system.  We left after half time to put the kids to bed.  I just realized how tired I look.  I should get more sleep or a better under eye concealer.

I've started to notice my hair falling out again.  During pregnancy I don't lose a single strand of hair the entire time.  When Aric was about three months old I lost massive amounts of hair, especially up front around my hair line and had to cut my hair shorter.  This went on until Aric was about six months old.  I thought I was going to have to buy a wig, but it eventually stopped and the hair grew back in.  It has begun but at least I'm prepared for it to happen this time.  At least I think I am, I know I could possibly find myself crying about it during the worst of it.  My poor daughter is apparently taking after me.  She's lost all of the hair from her ears forward.



At least we realize this is just part of being a baby and it'll grow back with time.  It's just a little disconcerting so see when we are used to this:



I think they look so much like each other except for the hair.

Now I leave you with two photos that I liked from this past week:


Aric wearing his cool sunglasses.


Kellyn smiling at her mobile.

1 comment:

Cristen said...

So...Eddie finally had to unclog the shower drain the other day. He said it looked like an entire head of hair in there. I don't doubt it. I'm patiently waiting for the hair loss to stop! Poor Julian has his giant bald patch that I can't wait to fill in also. I had forgotten how much hair Aric had when he was a baby!