Friday, January 22, 2010

Catching Up

I know I haven't written anything in awhile, but I have been exhausted.  I thought I was just uninspired, but I really think I've just been too tired to even think.  Thankfully I'm feeling a little better with some bonus free time this week.

On Wednesday I had an unexpected free day when the little boy I've been watching stayed home with his dad.  It was so nice to get out of the house and run errands.  I felt so productive buying Aric new shoes for his quickly growing feet, mailing birthday packages, returning something for Ryan and even managing to squeeze in a visit with a friend who has never met Kellyn.  I was tired from taking my own two kids out, but I felt free, which made me realize how I've felt trapped by my own commitments.

After an extremely difficult day at work yesterday, I've been "blessed" with a day at home.  I say "blessed" because the price for staying at home today is a sick little boy.



Aric woke up this morning crying, congested and running a fever.  He's currently napping in bed.  Poor guy!  Hopefully he feels better soon.

Even though I've been tired, we have been busy playing, getting Aric to try new foods and just enjoying our little family.  One of our recent victories was Macaroni and Cheese.



I wouldn't have thought there was a need to call Macaroni and Cheese a victory.  I thought that it was just typical kid fare.  Nope, not at our house.  Basically Ryan had to trick Aric and throw a macaroni into his mouth for him to even try it.  After the initial freak-out, Aric realized he liked the taste and has since eaten Macaroni and Cheese on two separate occasions.  (He absolutely refuses leftover Macaroni and Cheese.  It's okay, though, I could do without that, too.)

Stealing a creative idea from a friend, Aric and I enjoyed working on this project:











The card is currently in the mail on its way to the recipient.  I thought it was a fantastic idea to allow Aric to play create art and something that I know our families would enjoy.  I'll have to keep that in mind for future occasions.  Thanks Carmen for the inspiration!

I'd be remiss not to mention Kellyn.  She's such a sweet baby and is so alert lately.  She loves to smile and talk at herself in the mirror.  She's also very aware of babies, her brother and faces.  Sunday was her last night of sitting with us in church and next Sunday will be her first night in the nursery.  She wasn't fussy per se, but she was LOUD.  Kellyn didn't want to sit still through the entire service.  She wanted to look around, shriek, and coo at everything in sight.  Normally it's very cute, but when you're trying to keep her quiet in church the cute factor vanishes rather rapidly.  My baby is just growing up too fast!


No comments: