Tuesday, November 27, 2007

It wasn't meant to be...

Yesterday was my dentist appointment. The real one, not the one I concocted in my head. I was ready for it. I’m doing better with the morning sickness, so I wasn’t worried about throwing up on my hygienist. I was prepared to refuse any x-rays because I am pregnant. I was even ready to deal with the mean hygienist that I am usually stuck with and prepared to tell them I want a new one if she kept up the attitude. I arrived at 9:30 for my 9:40 appointment only to find out that they changed my appointment to 8:50 and never bothered to tell me. I was mildly annoyed especially when the receptionist offered me a 2pm appointment later that day. Don’t those people realize that I live 15 miles away and I’m not going to drive back and forth all day or hang out in town until my appointment? We’re going to try this again in December since apparently November isn’t my month. At least I’ll be in my second trimester by then.

Tonight I start working the midnight shift for two weeks. I am not looking forward to staying awake all night long! Last night I stayed up as late as I could. I only made it to 3am before I had to go to bed. I should’ve gone to bed on time, because I only ended up sleeping for six hours. Today I’ve pretty much cat napped all day and laid around in bed. Hopefully it won’t kill me tonight. I did put blankets over the bedroom windows in an attempt to make the room dark. I’m hoping that it will work for tomorrow and I’ll be able to sleep during the day.

No comments: