Saturday, November 24, 2007

Projects

I moved on to safer cravings after the queso explosion. I now have an insatiable appetite for Arby’s melts. My husband commented tonight that he hopes this passes soon, because he’s getting tired of Arby’s. I’d agree but I could really eat another one right now. Of course I should probably stop since my stomach is already getting round.

We spent our Thanksgiving weekend working on our bathroom floor. Currently we are living in my grandmother-in-law’s 50 year old farmhouse. The farmhouse has been in a sadly neglected state for quite awhile, so when we moved back in this summer we started doing some work to help make the place more livable. Downstairs in the living room we tore down paneling and put up new sheet rock. Add some new paint in other areas and the place looks so much better. After working most of the summer on the downstairs I was a little burnt out. This fall, though, I’ve had a new surge of ambition to start working on the upstairs. The gold glitter bathroom was top on my list, as was our dark bedroom. Before I quit at the carpet store, the manager gave me four boxes of a designer vinyl tile. We decided that our bathroom upstairs could really use a new floor and we had the right amount of tile and grout to get the job done. It’s amazing what new paint and tile can do for a room. In the next couple of days I plan on painting the countertop and banishing the gold glitter forever. I’m excited about the potential. I’ll be sure to post more photos when it’s finished.

No comments: