Saturday, December 8, 2007

No more midnights...

The last two weeks I have worked midnights. I can definitely say that midnights are not for me. At this point in my life, they leave me too tired to do anything. The people that work on the midnight shift are extremely nice and I really enjoy them, however I just don’t like working all night long. I actually feel that I get less time with my husband than if I work any other shift. It has definitely been a learning experience, one that I’m kind of glad to put behind me.

But the end of my night shift training means…

I am done with training. My last day was last night, and it is definitely safe to say I am glad to be done. No more having to read daily evaluations, and no more having someone hover over me telling me what to do. (Okay, that might not change for awhile.) The best thing of all is no more jumping around to different shifts with different days off. I will be on the same shift with the same days off for a while, so I will be able to actually plan things in the future. It’s kind of nice to know I might get a life again.

No comments: