Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Things Heard Around Here

I want more Shake It For Me.

Translation: 

My kids seem to latch onto the more questionable songs on the radio.  They sing along to "Red Solo Cup" by Toby Keith, "Mean" by Taylor Swift and now "Country Girl (Shake It For Me)" by Luke Bryan.  Kellyn, in particular, seems to think I'm a DJ that can automatically play anything she requests when we're in the car. 

Don't you worry about them growing up too quickly, though, Kellyn still sings "Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star" ad nauseum.  She was recently yelling at the TV because one of the shows she was watching was singing HER song and wouldn't stop.

1 comment:

Rudy said...

Ha ha, I can just imagine your kids singing "Red Solo Cup". :-)
A side note, Why does the radio always have to play Taylor Swift whenever I have to open my window to open a gate or pay a toll?