Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Bedroom Redo

When we moved the kids into the same bedroom I knew I was going to have to make some changes.  They were both sleeping in Kellyn's purple room, which was fine for a girl and not so great for a boy.  I wasn't in too much of a hurry, though, because I didn't want to go through the effort if the sleeping arrangements didn't work out. 

It's been almost three months and having them in the same room has worked out well.  Yes, they sometimes talk to each other too much, but that's to be expected of siblings.  I thought it was finally time to redo the room.  Last Thursday my sewing machine had to go into the shop for repairs, leaving me with nothing pressing to do.  I used the opportunity of my new found free time and channeled my creative energy into redoing their bedroom. 

Before:



After:





Eventually when I can figure out how to add more hours to the day I will finish their quilts and add personalized bunting above their beds.  Until then they will have to make do with what they have.

I think it really turned out well for a gender neutral room.

No comments: