Monday, June 25, 2012

Angry Birds

I know I've been away from my blog for awhile.  I have had too much going on that required my time and attention.  Hopefully life is settling down a bit.  In an attempt to catch everyone up, I'm hoping to find the time to get back to regularly blogging this week, and giving everyone a small glimpse into our lives.  So... if any of you are still checking this site:

Last weekend we had a small birthday dinner for Aric.  It was the last of the birthday festivities for Aric.  (I'm a bit concerned that dragging out birthday celebrations will cause my children to think they get more than one day to celebrate their birthdays.  I certainly don't want to make a habit of this.) I didn't decorate the house for the birthday dinner, because I put all of my creative energy into decorating cupcakes for Aric.  I must post the disclaimer that this was not my original idea.  I saw the idea on Pinterest, where I spend entirely too much of my time, and went from there.

While Aric and I were at church, Ryan and Kellyn baked the cupcakes. 



After I returned home, the cupcakes were ready to decorate.  Aric had gone downstairs and had no idea what was happening upstairs.  Kellyn, however, was more than willing to help me decorate the cupcakes and sample the frosting and candies.  Unfortunately it was too messy and I wasn't able to get any photos of us decorating the cupcakes.



Aric had no idea what his cupcakes looked like until we pulled them out after dinner.  He was genuinely surprised and, thankfully, we were able to catch his reaction on camera.


The Angry Bird cupcakes were lots of work, but a definite success. 

1 comment:

Sassy said...

Love those cupcakes! my little guy would go nuts for those!!

Well done!