Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Trucks

I was looking at photos on my phone and realized I had a gold mine that I forgot about.  About a month ago I took the kids to a truck show at the park.  Various agencies brought trucks, opened their doors and allowed kids to walk through them and explore.

The kids started with an ambulance.  They both thought it was pretty neat, until a nearby truck blew its air horn.  Kellyn was terrified for the next 15 minutes and wouldn't go near any of the trucks.


Aric, however, was excited about everything and not afraid to climb into any of the trucks.





Kellyn finally decided that checking out a fire truck wouldn't be such a bad thing.



Meanwhile, Aric had no fear that day.




Until he saw Chester Cheetah:


It took Aric awhile to gather courage to approach him and give him a high five.  Aric was determined, though, and became upset with me any time I tried to walk away.  It was good to see Aric conquer his fear.


Kellyn overcame her fear of the air horn and explored some more:






Her favorite part of the day was leaving the trucks behind and heading to the playground.



And that was our day exploring the trucks!

No comments: