Thursday, May 3, 2012

Keeping Me on My Toes

I love this little girl dearly, but she keeps me on my toes.


Just when we think we're done with the terrible two's, she remembers she is still two.  I'm not quite sure that she could be classified as being a "strong-willed child", but she is a handful.  Right now we are in a difficult period with her.  She has forgotten how to say please, whines, and gets into everything she knows she shouldn't be in.

This past week alone she has:

-Opened the fridge, while I was in the shower, pulled out the coffee creamer and poured it into a bowl.  She drank some and then spilled the rest on the carpet in the hallway.

-Played in the bathroom drawer, while I was in the shower, and poured shampoo in the drawer, on the floor, and on herself.

-Tried to color on the TV with a marker.

-Stayed up until 10pm the past three nights playing and talking.

-Played in the bathroom drawer, while I was in the shower (I should just quit taking showers), and pulled out half a carton of floss.

-Made 45 shortcuts to a document on my desktop.

-Emptied the contents of my sewing drawer all over the floor after relocating a chair to climb up to my sewing drawers.  She then glued my fabric glue shut and colored all over a sheet of tissue paper, while I was cooking dinner (not taking a shower).  I should be thankful that all I lost to that disaster was a sheet of tissue paper and a bottle of fabric glue.  AND no one was hurt by all of the tacks, needles and pins that were strewn all over the floor.

-Taken an hour to fall asleep at nap time and then wakes up crying and clingy when it's time to wake her up from her nap.

Just remembering all of this stuff is making my head spin again.  I think I need to go lie down and read the cliff note version of every parenting book I own. 

1 comment:

Cristen said...

I know the feeling!! I have started taking baths, because I can HEAR what Julian is doing at the very least, and it's usually stuff like stacking every toy he owns to get to the scissors. Good times.