Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Back to Sewing

People ask me how my business is doing.  It's coming along, but I took a two and a half month break from sewing, which kind of slows things down.  The break wasn't intentional, I'll explain it more another time, but it really caused things to come to a stand still for awhile.  I'm feeling more like myself again and I have a renewed interest in sewing. 

One thing I have wanted to make is a skirt for myself.  I found a skirt I really liked, but it was too expensive and she doesn't have many.  I tracked down the fabric, ordered it and set about researching skirt patterns.  I threw together about five different patterns and this is what I came up with:


I like it.  This coming Saturday we're going to a party and it will be the perfect place to debut my new skirt.

With a new interest in making clothes I decided to make a dress for Kellyn.  I don't know if you have shopped for toddler dresses lately, but they are expensive.  I found a dress I liked on Pinterest and ordered the pattern.  It was a quick project and I think the dress turned out well:


So well that last night I whipped up another one for her to wear:


I would love to make her some more dresses, but I probably need to find another pattern to use.  We can't have her wearing the same dress in 10 different colors!

I'm really enjoying sewing again and I can't wait to create more things.

No comments: