Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Decorating for Christmas

This past weekend we decorated the house for Christmas.  It was fun to decorate the house this year, especially since Christmas last year consisted of painting, moving, and an empty house.  The kids were pretty excited to be decorating for Christmas and to see their ornaments.  While I helped the kids decorate the tree, Ryan documented everything with our camera.

Note: The following photos are unedited other than shrinking them to upload them:

We decided to put the tree upstairs this year so we can keep an eye on it.

I like how easy pre-lit trees are.  At least until the lights stop working.

Note the tree skirt in the box.  One of Ryan's aunts made it and sent it to us a few years ago.

It really was a mess and we discovered mouse nests in some of our boxes from being stored in the shed at the farm.

Cleaned up and decorated for Christmas.

Cute photo.  Too bad it's blurry.

No one wanted to smile at the camera anymore.

Aric is still cooperating and Kellyn is slowly sneaking away. 

Our tree skirt: Ryan's old Army poncho liner.  It's a tradition that we started in early marriage because we didn't have a tree skirt and couldn't afford to get one.
After these photos were taken I realized my camera really did need to go back in to be fixed.  It hasn't been the same since it was "fixed" this summer.  It isn't able to focus clearly and most of my pictures are blurry and very out of focus.  I'm hoping they get it fixed and back to me in time for Christmas.  Though, I'm not holding my breath that it will be fixed or back in time.

No comments: