Monday, May 9, 2011

Amish Nursery

On Saturday the kids and I took a day trip with a family friend to an Amish nursery about an hour away.  I enjoyed the trip out into the country and really liked the nursery.  The plants were lush, the flowers vibrant and I will definitely plan to head back next year when we need plants.  I am even half considering making a trip there sometime later this summer during berry picking season.

The kids enjoyed the nursery, too.  One of the highlights of their day was the pen of baby goats kept in one of the greenhouses.  One of the employees even came by and freed a goat for the kids to play with.  It kept them preoccupied while we looked at the plants.


1 comment:

Rudy said...

They let your kids play with baby goats? I guess you didn't tell them the story about someone in our family chasing chickens. :)