Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Spray Paint

I like spray paint.  While I'm not a graffiti artist and I don't use it for anything other than it's intended purpose, I enjoy how it can fit my design whims and doesn't cost much.  I've been wanting to change the color scheme of my kitchen from green to yellow, red and black.  I am not, however, going to make my husband help me repaint a kitchen that we hope to leave behind sometime in the next six months.  Instead I decided to spray paint a few things to help pacify my need for change.  Yesterday I had a blast deciding what to paint.

I love that I saved myself money by not buying $30 worth of new kitchen accessories.  I spent $5 on a can of paint that went a long way.

I painted the wire basket by the sink and the grungy, old, wood spice rack.

My star was an unfinished metal and was starting to look bad and even rusting in some spots.

I painted the star in the dirt and gravel.  I wonder how long that will remain before the weather washes it away.

If you look closely this is the before picture with wood and chrome showing.  I have a couple of more wire baskets to paint, but I'll wait for a bit.  I need a new can of paint and some dry weather outside.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice to see the sparkle returning. I hope the coffee maker was already black!

Dad

Julie said...

note the super cute Scentsy! Love it (and all the painting too!)