Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Starving

Dear Kellyn,

You were not abandoned in bed this morning. I know it might seem like no one hears you talking on the baby monitor, but we're actually listening. Usually we allow you to gently wake up and entertain yourself for a bit. Had I known your method of entertaining yourself this morning would be to devour your crib, I would've come sooner.  I'm sorry you were on the brink of starvation and had to resort to eating stain and varnish.  I'll try to free you sooner tomorrow morning.

Love,
Your Mommy


PS- For the record, I really hate refinishing furniture and I'm a little annoyed by the damage you've done to your convertible crib.  You'd better educate yourself on refinishing furniture because I'm going to expect you to help as soon as you are capable of holding a sanding block.  I wonder if they have a board book for that...

1 comment:

Cristen said...

We are in the same boat, Regan. He has chewed the finish off 3 out of 4 sides!! I got cheap and cut strips of inexpensive fabric and wrapped the two sides. I need to do the third. So far it's kept him from further destruction. We'll see how it does long term. I tried to explain that this is supposed to be his bed for the next 15 years, but that didn't seem to sway him much.