Tuesday, August 10, 2010

A New Start

My fitness regimen has been non-existent.  I can even look back on the calendar and pinpoint the exact date when working out everyday went out the window.  Lately I've been extremely frustrated that I'm out of shape, don't exercise, and can't seem to find the time to fit it in.

I have a treadmill sitting in the corner of my living room.  While it hasn't become a clothes rack, it has become a jungle gym for my kids.  That's not its intended use.  It was purchased for me to be able to run and get in shape in the comfort of my own home, since a gym membership with two little ones is completely out of the question.  I feel guilty not using it.

I've taken some steps to free up some time.  I'll spare you the details, but now I have a block of time in the morning that I can use for just me.  Yesterday I got up and used the time to run two miles.  This morning, not feeling as well, I used it to edit and e-mail some photos.  I don't feel defeated, though.  While I didn't get up and lift weights like I had planned, I can still fit in some form of exercise today.

Last weekend my sweet husband bought me a bike trailer for the kids.  I think after breakfast the kids and I will head out for a bike ride before the day gets too warm.



No comments: