Thursday, February 19, 2009

Sick Again!

Update: Aric saw the doctor today and thankfully he does not have another ear infection. She said that he has a really bad cold and mentioned RSV. They way she explained it RSV makes as much mucous in a baby as it does in an adult. Aric is just full of it. All I can do is make him comfortable, suction his nose and wait while his body fights it. Poor little guy! At the moment he's on his fourth nap of the day.

I called in sick this morning and it's not because I'm sick. Tuesday night Aric started coughing; a horrible, hacking cough, and his nose started running big time. It didn't seem so bad. He showed no signs of infection and no temperature. Yesterday he still had no temperature, but he was still coughing and had a runny nose. The cough would sometimes make him lose his voice, which would have been kind of funny if not for how pathetic he was. When he tried to talk and babble Aric looked so confused that not much sound was coming out. Poor guy! This morning he is still coughing, has a runny nose and now he's added in a goopy eye, which was the only sign of his last ear infection, and a 100 temperature. No trips to daycare today, but I guarantee we'll be making a trip to the doctor. Now if he would just stop getting sick on my "Mondays". They might start thinking that I'm making this up to extend my weekend.

2 comments:

Carmen said...

So sad for Aric (and for you having to care for him all alone right now). Aren't you headed on your trip here soon? I hope the travels go well and you have a great time with your family!

mommy to Kaden, Brody and angel Ava said...

How is Aric feeling??? Kaden has RSV too. It seems like it is making it's rounds. I hope Aric is doing better.