Friday, June 27, 2008

Tidbits

So much has happened in the last two weeks I wouldn't know where to start.

-It was great to have my parents and younger brother here to visit. They were so helpful and gave me a chance to rest and heal for a week. I was sad to see them go except when I realized my brother stole our toothpaste.

-Being a new mom is amazing and so overwhelming. I've been worried about every little thing he does. I'm still working on coming to the realization that not every book, pamphlet and paper the hospital sends home with you is going to actually work for your baby. As long as he is being taken care of and is happy and healthy then that's all that matters! I'm refusing to read anymore books on what babies should be doing. I'm going to trust intuition and ask other trustworthy people when I need to.

-Sleep. What is that?

-Taking a nap everyday and talking to a grown up is amazing therapy for me and my husband. If I don't at least accomplish one of those during the day then my husband comes home to a crying, hormonal disaster who makes him check the baby out to make sure he looks okay.

-I'm so glad that Aric's umbilical cord fell off the other day. (He has a pretty cute outie.) Yesterday was his first day in cloth diapers and the first day that neither one of us had to change our clothes. I really hate disposable diapers. They are expensive and they leak. Now I have more laundry but everything was contained yesterday!

No comments: