Wednesday, April 2, 2008

The Week is off to a Great Start

Here are a couple of humorous stories that happened to me this week…

The other night my husband and I went out to dinner at a Tex-Mex restaurant. I took my time with the menu since my carbs are limited. I decided I wanted the tamale dinner. It came with three tamales topped with chili. Apparently when I ordered I said enchiladas instead of tamales. I had no clue that I did this and my husband never said anything. Out came my plate with two enchiladas covered with chili. I ate them, but made some comment on how they were the worst tamales I’ve ever eaten. My husband gave me a weird look, but didn’t say anything. Later when we were walking through the grocery store somehow dinner got brought up and that’s when he informed me that I had ordered enchiladas and I revealed that I had no clue and honestly thought I had ordered tamales. I guess I can chalk this up to pregnancy brain.

This morning I decided to do some spring cleaning upstairs in our family room. I had the sliding door open because it is a nice day and the cats were running in and out playing with each other. My brother called, so I stopped to talk with him. While I was on the phone with him, Gobbles ran into the house with something in his mouth. I told my brother to hold on. I set the phone down and went over to Gobbles. That’s when he dropped a live baby snake onto the carpet next to the sofa upstairs. I let out a blood-curdling scream, grabbed the phone and told my brother I would call him back. Then I ran downstairs, grabbed the longest pair of tongs we have and ran back upstairs to retrieve the snake and hurl it over the railing into the yard. My heart was racing, the baby was probably terrified, and I had to call my brother back to explain what had happened. Lesson learned, if Gobbles is outside, DON’T leave any doors open for him!!

It’s only Wednesday. I wonder how the rest of the week will go!

No comments: