Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Sorry, I've been busy

Sorry that I haven’t posted anything new in a long time. The end of April really was busy. I have a mountain of e-mails that I need to respond to and I never seem to have enough energy after work anymore to sit down and deal with e-mails or my blog.

-We had a visit from my mother-in-law. It was nice to see her. She brought with her my birthday present from last year, a Texas-shaped birdbath, which has turned into one expensive dog and cat water bowl. I haven’t seen any birds bathing in it yet. The cat drinking out of it is pretty funny, though. I’ll have to try and take a picture of that sometime.

-I had a visit from a friend from high school with her 1 year old son. They wore me out! We did have some nice days, though, while they were here. We were able to go to the zoo, the city park and spend some time outside playing. It was nice to enjoy the outdoors for the first time this spring. I also got a glimpse of what my future will be like with this baby. Good things to know- my dog is pretty gentle with little children, the cat does not like having his tail pulled and the dog will eat any food that has been thrown on the floor.

-The best part was seeing my mom and aunt again. It has really been too long since I last saw them and I will do my best to prevent that from happening again, especially when there will be a little boy who needs to be a part of their life. I was sad to see them go, but I know it won’t be too much longer before I see either one of them again.

No comments: