Monday, March 11, 2013

Concert

On Saturday night, Ryan and I were able to sneak away for an evening and head to Kansas City to see Miranda Lambert and Dierks Bentley in concert.

We didn't really sneak away as the kids had plans to spend the night at our friend's house.  They were pretty excited and spent their evening at a school carnival.  I don't think they missed us too much:


Ryan and I were able to have a pre-concert dinner, we stuffed ourselves at The Yard House, one of my favorite places to eat in Kansas City.  Afterwards we walked around a furniture store for a bit, since it was raining that day and too early to head to the concert. 

The concert was fun, though, we discovered a few things: 

-we must be getting old, because we both thought it was loud

-we must be spoiled by some of the concerts we have been to when one encore song seems like a disappointment

-planning a concert coinciding with Daylight Savings Time makes for a very long day after

-if we plan on going to more concerts in the near future, I need to bedazzle my jeans.  Apparently I'm not in style with the concert-going crowd in my plain skinny jeans and boots.

-the song Over You reminds me of my brother and makes me cry every time I hear it.  It didn't help that Miranda Lambert was crying when she sang it.

If you missed the concert here's one to hold you over:

No comments: