Wednesday, March 20, 2013

More Snow

Yesterday it snowed.  They forecasted flurries, but it accumulated.


Thankfully no shoveling was required.  It quickly melted away later in the afternoon.  In honor of the brief blanket of white yesterday, I thought it might be a good time to share photos from our sledding experience last month.

We met with some friends for a day of sledding out in the country.  I was a bit skeptical about spending an entire afternoon out sledding, but it was a fun, memorable, and exhausting day.   We all went down a huge, long hill and trudged back up through the nine inches of snow.  I don't remember the trudging part of sledding in any of my childhood memories.  More than likely I was pulled on the sled uphill as Kellyn was pulled up all afternoon. 

The day was made complete with a small bonfire, smores and hot chocolate.  It really was a perfect way to spend a cold winter afternoon.








I can't wait to go back again... next year.  I'm a more than ready for spring to appear.

No comments: