Friday, December 4, 2009

Smiles, Frozen Pipes and Work

We've hit the point of smiles.  I love baby smiles.  They are so random and melt my heart every time I am at the receiving end of one.  It almost makes dragging myself out of a warm bed at 3am to feed a crying child worth it. 



Speaking of cold- it is so cold overnight now that our washer pipe is freezing.  I discovered this yesterday morning when I was trying to wash a load of cloth diapers.  What a mess; thankfully contained in the washing machine.  After being unable to light our butane torch to thaw the pipe, I used resourcefulness and placed a small space heater in the entryway/dog room where I knew the pipe was frozen.  It took longer, but it eventually thawed everything out and I was able to finish washing the diapers.

And my maternity leave is rapidly coming to an end.  I have a little over a week left before I have to return to work on December 13th.  Ick!  I had a bit of a problem this week with my work over the shift I would go to on my return.  My supervisor had promised I could return to days.  I lined up daycare for Aric and then my supervisor wouldn't tell me when/if I was returning to days.  It was frustrating, especially because I still needed/need to line up care for Kellyn and I didn't want to lose my deposit for Aric's daycare slot.  I left the kids with my friend yesterday and went to work prepared to yell at them for lying to/leading me on.  My pent up aggression was deflated, though, when my supervisor's supervisor told me he was going to call me that day and let me know they changed the schedule and I was returning to dayshift starting on Dec. 13th.  He even apologized because he didn't know I was returning so soon or that Ryan is starting a new job that will require a commute.  Thankfully Aric's daycare is set up, my friend will watch Kellyn for the next month giving me a little time to find something more permanent for her until she can get into Aric's daycare, and I didn't have to yell at and threaten anyone yesterday.

No comments: