Thursday, April 23, 2009

Planning Projects

I hit three months this week. Now I wait for the magical moment when the exhaustion and nausea lift and I can begin all of the projects that I would like to accomplish during the second trimester.

Ryan and I were discussing my plans a couple of days ago, because some of my projects won't be possible without his help. I'd like to work on our gardens this year. Since we moved out here two years ago we haven't really done anything to the gardens. The first summer we were inside tearing down paneling, putting up sheet rock, painting and making this house our home. Last summer we were more concerned with this little guy:

This summer Aric is big enough to play outside. We even bought him a baby pool to use when the weather is a little warmer. I can set up the pool nearby and work on our gardens while he plays in the pool eats leaves.

If Ryan digs up our front garden (which is a monumental task since it hasn't been touched in probably four years) then I can transplant some plants from other areas of our yard, add some from the store and I've asked a friend if I can thin out some of her plants and use them for our garden. It has potential and I'm excited about the potential.

We also have another garden that needs some attention. That one won't be as bad, though, since my dad worked on it last summer for me when he was here. I'm just tired of looking at ugly gardens and putting it off because we don't know where God will have us next year. It's time to actually do something about since we do live here after all.

My other projects are interior projects. I need to mud the half wall that Ryan built at the top of the stairs. Then I need to paint it so he can trim it out and finish it. While I'm doing that I will also paint the rest of the family room. It's the one area of the house that we didn't touch when we were painting and remodeling. It's time to do something about it. I'd also like to repaint our kitchen. I've never been happy about the color. It belongs on an ice cream cone rather than in my kitchen. That project is way at the bottom of the list, though, since the room is already painted.

I'm going to quit talking about my planned projects and save my house from pajama boy who is currently trying to tear it apart.

No comments: