Monday, February 4, 2013

Hair

Last Friday I put Kellyn's hair up in her first pigtails.  I was excited, because it's finally long enough.



She was not so excited.



The pig tails lasted long enough for me to take photos and then they came out.  She was pretty upset with them.  I'll try again this summer when it's hot and she doesn't mind having her hair up off of her neck.

The same day I took the kids to the grocery store.  While there a store employee approached us and asked, "How are you ladies doing today?"  I didn't correct him and he eventually wandered off.  Aric, however, was quite perturbed with being called a lady.  That's when I realized that as a parent, it is not acceptable for me to avoid confrontation because I don't want to make me or anyone else uncomfortable.  As a parent it is my job to defend and protect my children.  I dropped the ball by not correcting the employee that Aric is a boy.  I won't make the same mistake next time.

Afterwards I took Aric to have his hair cut.  We've been needing to do it for awhile, and Aric has asked to have his hair a bit shorter.


Now it is out of his eyes and he is much happier.

No comments: