Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Aric's Star Wars Room

Since late last year we have planned to move the kids back into their own rooms.  We felt they would both need their own space again, especially after Aric started school next fall.  After Kellyn's acrobatic stunt, our plans sped up and the kids were moved. 

I spent the past month working on pulling together all that I had planned for Aric's room.  I'm pleased with the way it all turned out and so is Aric.

Before:




We kept Aric in Kellyn's old room and moved Kellyn into Aric's old room.  It was more to do with paint colors than any other reason.

After:



I ordered quite a bit from Etsy to decorate Aric's room.  A friend of mine made Aric's name banner in a Star Wars font.  I ordered the Star Wars art, and matted and framed them with Hobby Lobby stock items.


The Star Wars Encyclopedia and signed character were my brother's.  They had been buried in my closet.  I had Ryan install a shelf high on the wall to prevent Aric from getting to them before he's old enough to appreciate them.


I made the Star Wars character cross stitch for Aric.  He was a little slave driver throughout the whole process, demanding to know when I was going to finish "my work".


The bookshelf and star light were already in the room.  I added the print above the bookshelf.  It was another Etsy item and a stock frame from Hobby Lobby.



Everything tied in with his quilt:


 I am really happy with his room and how well it turned out.  It had better will grow with him for a long time, because I won't be redecorating it for a long time.

Next up is conquering this mess:

No comments: